|Cynthia M. Hutchison, CMC|
|Cindy Nagy Admin Tech II|
|City of Riverview|
|14100 Civic Park Drive|
|Riverview, MI 48193|
|Often Requested Numbers:|
|US Post Office:|
|Wyandotte 27th District Court:|
|2015 Biddle, Wyandotte 48192|
|Taylor Animal Shelter:|
|Riverview Board of Education:|
CITY HALL BUSINESS HOURS: 9 AM TO 5 PM MONDAY - FRIDAY
PUBLIC WORKS BUSINESS HOURS: 8 AM TO 4 PM MONDAY - FRIDAY
LANDFILL BUSINESS HOURS:
|Monday through Friday||Contract Customers:||6:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M.|
|Prepaid Customers / Residents:||7:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.|
|Saturday||Contract Customers:||7:00 A.M. to 11:30 A.M.|
|Prepaid Customers / Residents:||7:00 A.M. to 11:00 A.M.|
FIREWORKS BY CONSUMER - RESTRICTIONS
FIREWORKS ARE PERMISSABLE ONE DAY BEFORE, THE DAY OF AND ONE DAY AFTER A NATIONAL HOLIDAY BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 9AM AND 11PM ON PRIVATE PROPERTY (WITH OWNERS PERMISSION) ONLY--USE OF CITY PROPERTY OR PARKS IS PROHIBITTED. CLICK ON FIREWORKS ORDINANCE LINKS ABOVE.
- Never allow young children to play with or ignite fireworks.
- Avoid buying fireworks that are packaged in brown paper because this is often a sign that the fireworks were made for professional displays and that they could pose a danger to consumers.
- Always have an adult supervise fireworks activities. Parents don't realize that young children suffer injuries from sparklers. Sparklers burn at temperatures of about 2,000 degrees - hot enough to melt some metals.
- Never place any part of your body directly over a fireworks device when lighting the fuse. Back up to a safe distance immediately after lighting fireworks.
- Never try to re-light or pick up fireworks that have not ignited fully.
- Never point or throw fireworks at another person.
- Keep a bucket of water or a garden hose handy in case of fire or other mishap.
- Light fireworks one at a time, then move back quickly.
- Never carry fireworks in a pocket or shoot them off in metal or glass containers.
- After fireworks complete their burning, douse the spent device with plenty of water from a bucket or hose before discarding it to prevent a trash fire.
- Make sure fireworks are legal in your area before buying or using them.
The Office of the City Clerk, a time honored and vital part of local government, exists throughout the world and is the oldest among public servants who provides the professional link between the citizens, the local governing bodies and agencies of government at other levels and serves as the information center on functions of local government and community.
Future Election: November 3 Mayor and Council
March 8, 2016 Presidential Primary
August 2, 2016 State Primary
November 8, 2016 Presidential General
ELECTION WORKERS NEEDED FOR RIVERVIEW POLLING PLACES
INSPECTOR APPLICATION (Election Day consists of full day (approximately 16 hrs) and half day (8 hrs) shifts. Please apply at the City Clerk's Office - Students usually have a scheduled day off during an election.
(TO WORK AT ELECTION POLLING PLACE - YOU MUST FILE YOUR APPLICATION AT LEAST TWO MONTHS BEFORE THE ELECTION. ELECTION WORKERS ARE PAID HOURLY FOR WORK AND TRAINING THE STATE MINIMUM WAGE OF $8.15 PER HR, CHAIRS: $9 PER HR AND CO-CHAIRS $8.50 PER HR)
Riverview City Council
Riverview City Council
Mayor: Tim Durand
Councilmembers: Lynn Blanchette, Tom Coffey, Andrew Swift, Elmer Trombley, James Trombley, Dean Workman
City Manager: Douglas Drysdale
City Council Meetings are held in the Council
Chambers of the Municipal Building, 14100 Civic
Park Drive, at 7:30 p.m. on the first and third
Monday of each month.
City Hall Hours
Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
WOW.(866) 496-9669............................Channel 10
Comcast.(800) 266-2278........................Channel 12
|Presidents' Day||February 16, 2015|
|Good Friday||April 3, 2015|
|Memorial Day||May 25, 2015|
|Independence Day||July 3, 2015|
|Labor Day||September 7, 2015|
|Thanksgiving Holiday||November 26 & 27, 2015|
|Christmas Holiday||December 24 & 25, 2015|
|New Year's Holiday||Dec. 31, 2015 & Jan. 1, 2016|
2015 COUNCIL MEETINGS
January 5 and 20 (Tuesday) February 2 and 17 (Tuesday)
March 2 and 16 April 6 and 20
May 4 and 18 June 1 and15
July 6 and 20 August 3 and 17
September 8 (Tuesday) and 21 October 5 and 19
November 2 and 16 December 7 and 21
City Council Study Session Meetings 7 PM on the 2nd Monday of each month.
NOW ACCEPTING CREDIT CARDS TO PAY TAXES AND WATER BILLS, ETC.
Now Accepting Credit Cards as a form of payment for Taxes, Water Bills (only taxes and water bills can be paid online), all others such as Death Certificates, Pet License Fees, Boat Ramp Fees, Freedom of Information Act Fees, and Building Permit Fees may be paid at the Clerk's Office or Finance Counter. There is a 3% CONVENIENCE FEE (with a $2.00 minimum) that will appear as Point and Pay Convenience Fee on your credit card statement. The regular bill total will appear as City of Riverview on your credit card statement. If you choose not to accept the 3% convenience fee your transaction will not be completed and you will have to provide payment via a different means. We have a drop box located in the lobby of the Police Department that is open 24 hours a day. We honor postmarks if you choose to mail your check payment to us. And we have our Finance Counter that is open 9am-5pm M-F.
DOWNRIVER CONSOLIDATED ASSESSING
- Mail-in voter registration applications are not subject to the new ID requirement.
- If a voter receives an AV ballot in person at the clerk’s office, the voter is required to present a photo ID or sign an affidavit. If the voter signs the affidavit, his/her AV ballot must be prepared as a challenged ballot.
- Requires local jurisdictions and counties to report the number of voters who signed an Affidavit of Voter not in Possession of Picture Identification.
- Acceptable picture identification:
Current driver’s license or personal identification card issued by another state
Current federal or state government-issued photo identification
Current U.S. passport
Current student identification with photo – from a high school or an accredited institution of higher education
Current military identification card with photo
Current tribal identification card with photo
The City of Riverview residents can obtain property information including property descriptions, SEV, assessed and taxable values, and tax payment history on the City’s website at www.cityofriverview.com, On Quick Links, go to “Online Tax Information”. This will take you to a new website that will allow you to enter the address and look up the information. You may also find the “Online Tax Information” link on the Assessor/Purchasing and Finance/Treasurer Departments' web pages. Please allow 48 hours for updates.
SUMMER TAX BILL
You can pay your taxes online at the following link:
http://gwarchive/revize/cor/departments/finance_treasurer_s_department/property_tax_information_is_now_available_on-line!.php or drop off payments in the DROP BOX located in the Police Department Lobby before tax bills are due.
RENTAL PROPERTY INSPECTIONS - All rental properties are required to be registered and inspected for code related compliance.
STORAGE OF FIREWOOD: (new ordinance)
PET LICENSES FEE
2015/16 Pet Licenses are as follows:
- Until 7/1: Unspayed or unneutered domestic dog or cat: $7.00 - After 7/1: $9.00
- Until 7/1: Each neutered or spayed dog or cat: $5.00 - After 7/1: $7.00
- Each domestic animal not otherwise specified: $7.00
- Seeing eye dogs or government police dogs: No Charge
- Senior Citizen Rate (65+)- Until 7/1: $4.00; After 7/1: $6.00
- Replacement Tag: $3.00
- Pound Fees: 1st day: $25.00; Each additional day: $10.00
- Special Protection Constable Service-euthanasia: $75.00
NON-RESIDENT BOAT RAMP PERMITS - 50 NON RESIDENT PERMITS SOLD OUT FOR 2015
PERMITS AVAILABLE JANUARY 2, 2015 9 AM-5 PM (50 PASSES AVAILABLE, DRIVER'S LICENSE AND THE VEHICLE REGISTRATION WHICH TOWS THE BOAT and $100 due at time of purchase.
Ordinance 665 adopted 08/05/13: BOAT RAMP PERMIT - PROHIBITS USE OF BOAT RAMP FOR BUSINESS PURPOSES.
Ordinance 670 adopted 05/19/14: INCREASED FINES FOR PARKING/LAUNCHING WITHOUT A PERMIT
ROAD TO RECOVERY - Cancer patients need your help to get to treatment. The American Cancer Society needs volunteer drivers to help provide transportation for cancer patients in our community Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. To find out how you can help, please call the American Cancer Society at 248.663.3485.
The Wayne County MEALS ON WHEELS Program for the homebound are always in need of drivers to deliver meals in Riverview. Please call 734-281-4200 ext. 3356 between 9 a.m. and 12 p.m. if you are interested in volunteering.
Residents please be proactive by reporting unlicensed trash collectors, handbill distributors, door-to-door solicitors, and peddlers in your neighborhood. Please report them to the City Clerk's Office at 734-281-4241 or Police Department at 734-281-4222.
CURBSIDE TRASH COLLECTOR: Any person within the city limits who regularly collects discarded items from residence rubbish receptacles must be registered in the City Clerk's Office with submittal of the transport vehicle's license number. There is no fee, but you must be registered and carry the license when collecting.
HANDBILL DISTRIBUTION requires a business license fee of $40.00, unless you are a community organization. Community organizations (non-profits) are required to notify the City Clerk with a letter from their organization stating the dates and reason for their distribution and/or collection.
DOOR-TO-DOOR SOLICITORS: Vendors who solicit door-to-door in Riverview must obtain a license or permit to do so. Homeowners are urged to ask for picture identification and/or permit before talking with vendors. In an effort to avoid the many scams (especially with the elderly), never permit a solicitor to enter your home. If you are suspicious of any vendor, please contact the police department at 734-281-4222. There is a $500 fine for soliciting or canvassing without procuring a license from the City Clerk. There are solictors who wear a photo ID from their company which is not an acceptable substitution for a license.
ICE CREAM VENDORS OR DOOR-TO-DOOR BEEF TRUCK VENDORS are required to be licensed to peddle the city.
List of Licensed Solicitors as of 6/1/2015:
- WOW Cable
- Comcast Cable
- AT&T Cable
- Paulina Herrera, Educational Resources
- Joseph S. Burek, Energy
- Terron Chambers, Energy
- Lowell Conner, Energy
- Ginger Lynn Williams, Energy
If notice is posted on private property as follows: "NO SOLICITORS INVITED" (letters should be 2" in height), the solicitor must leave the premises immediately. It is also unlawful to solicit between the hours of 9 PM and sunrise of any day.
Ice Cream Peddler: Veteran - White Good Humor type Truck License Plate No. C81064
PROTECT YOUR PETS AND NEIGHBORHOOD-CLEAN UP:
It is your responsibility to remove and dispose of any excreta deposited by your pet in a sanitary manner whenever you are walking your dog.
Obtain a license for any domestic animal over three months of age from Finance Department. A current certificate of rabies is required for registration.
- Purchase 2015/16 Pet Licenses beginning June 1, 2015.
- Limit your pets to no more than three
- Restrain your pet on a leash no longer than eight feet in length