City of Riverview, MI

Contact Information:

  Cynthia M. Hutchison, CMC 
  City Clerk
  Cindy Nagy Admin Tech II 
  City of Riverview
  14100 Civic Park Drive
  Riverview, MI 48193
  (734) 281-4239 
  Often Requested Numbers:
  US Post Office:       
  Wyandotte 27th District Court:
  2015 Biddle, Wyandotte 48192 
  (734) 324-4475
  Taylor Animal Shelter:
  (734) 374-1354
  Riverview Board of Education:

(734) 285-9660

City Clerk

The Office of the City Clerk, a time honored and vital part of local government, exists throughout the world and is the oldest among public servants who provides the professional link between the citizens, the local governing bodies and agencies of government at other levels and serves as the information center on functions of local government and community.  

  • Minutes 
  •  City Charter & Ordinances 
  • Commissions and Boards
  • Birth and Death Records    
  •  Boat Ramp Permits
  • Voter Registration
  • Business Licenses
  •  Freedom of Information Act Requests
  • Qualified Voter Files
  • Records Manager 
  •  Election Official
  • Legal, Meeting & Public Notices
  • Custodian of the City Seal





Riverview News


Waving FlagRiverview City Council

Riverview City Council
Mayor:  Tim Durand

Councilmembers:  Lynn Blanchette, Tom Coffey,  Andrew Swift, Elmer Trombley, James Trombley, Dean Workman

City Manager:  Douglas Drysdale

City Council Meetings are held in the Council
Chambers of the Municipal Building, 14100 Civic
Park Drive, at 7:30 p.m. on the first and third
Monday of each month.
City Hall Hours
Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM

Municipal Channels
WOW.(866) 496-9669............................Channel 10
Comcast.(800) 266-2278........................Channel 12

Holiday Closings

Presidents' Day  February 17, 2014
Good Friday April 18, 2014 
Memorial Day  May 26, 2014
Independence Day  July 4, 2014
Labor Day  September 1, 2014
Thanksgiving Holiday  November 27 & 28, 2014
Christmas Holiday  December 24 & 25, 2014
New Year's Holiday  Dec. 31, 2014 & Jan. 1, 2015



Now Accepting Credit Cards as a form of payment for Taxes and Water Bills on-line or at the Finance Counter.  There is a 3% CONVENIENCE FEE (with a $2.00 minimum) that will appear as Point and Pay Convenience Fee on your credit card statement.  The regular bill total will appear as City of Riverview on your credit card statement.  If you choose not to accept the 3% convenience fee your transaction will not be completed and you will have to provide payment via a different means.  We have a drop box located in the lobby of the Police Department that is open 24 hours a day.  We honor postmarks if you choose to mail your check payment to us.  And we have our Finance Counter that is open 9am-5pm M-F. 


The City of Riverview is a member of Downriver Consolidated Assessing located at Wyandotte City Hall (3200 Biddle Ave #100) with the cities of Wyandotte and Southgate.  For your Assessing questions and needs you may contact (734) 324-4510 or (734) 324-4511.
ASSESSMENT APPEALS will be heard at the City of Riverview, 14100 Civic Park Drive, Riverview, MI 48193-7600 on March 10, 2014 from 1:00 - 9:00 PM and on March 24, 2014 from 12:00 - 6:00 PM.  If necessary, an additional day will be added to hear appeals -- by appointment -- please call (734) 324-4511 for Questions and Appointments.  Appeals by Letter will be accepted until March 24, 2014.

Trenton and Riverview have combined to provide Emergency Dispatch and Jail Services by and between themselves and equally administered by Trenton and Riverview in the 911 Dispatch and Communication Services Center and the jail facilities which are located within the Police Department of Trenton. 

There will be a May 6, 2014 Riverview Special Election for a Street and Sewer Bond Proposal


Riverview Voters to Decide on Road, Sewer Bond Proposal in May by Jim Kasuba, News Herald


The deadline to register to vote for the May 6, 2014, Election is by 4:00 PM on April 6, 2014.

Requires in-person voter registration applicants to provide photo identification. If the voter does not present a photo ID, s/he can sign an affidavit. This requirement affects all sources of in-person voter registration transactions, including those processed by Secretary of State branch offices; county, city and township clerk’s offices; and designated voter registration agencies (Department of Community Health, Department of Human Services, Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, and military recruitment centers.)
  • Mail-in voter registration applications are not subject to the new ID requirement.
  • If a voter receives an AV ballot in person at the clerk’s office, the voter is required to present a photo ID or sign an affidavit. If the voter signs the affidavit, his/her AV ballot must be prepared as a challenged ballot.
  • Requires local jurisdictions and counties to report the number of voters who signed an Affidavit of Voter not in Possession of Picture Identification.
  • Acceptable picture identification: 
Michigan driver’s license or Michigan personal identification card
Current driver’s license or personal identification card issued by another state
Current federal or state government-issued photo identification
Current U.S. passport
Current student identification with photo – from a high school or an accredited institution of higher education
Current military identification card with photo
Current tribal identification card with photo


The City of Riverview residents can obtain property information including property descriptions, SEV, assessed and taxable values, and tax payment history on the City’s website at,  On Quick Links, go to  “Online Tax Information”.  This will take you to a new website that will allow you to enter the address and look up the information.  You may also find the “Online Tax Information” link on the Assessor/Purchasing and Finance/Treasurer Departments' web pages.  Please allow 48 hours for updates. 


Winter tax bills are mailed the first week of December.  Winter taxes are payable without penalty through February 14, 2014.  Beginning on February 15, a penalty of 3% will be added. 

The tax types being collected on the Winter tax bills are as follows:

  • SCHOOL OPERATING –RiverviewSchool District
  • SCHOOL DEBT –RiverviewSchool District
  • COUNTY OPERATING – Wayne  County Operating (voted)
  • RESA SPECIAL ED –WayneCountyVoted Special Education
  • RESA OPERATING – Regional Education Service Agency
  • WC COMM COLLEGE –WayneCountyCommunity College
  • WC PUBLIC SAFETY –WayneCountyPublic Safety
  • WC TRANSIT AUTH –WayneCountyTransitAuthority
  • WC PARKS – Wayne County Parks
  • HCMA – Huron Clinton Metropolitan Authority
  • WC ZOO AUTHORITY –WayneCountyZoological Authority

RENTAL PROPERTY INSPECTIONS - All rental properties are required to be registered and inspected for code related compliance.

STORAGE OF FIREWOOD:   (new ordinance)  




PET LICENSES FEE INCREASE dog graphics dog and cat 

      2014/15 Pet Licenses will increase as follows:

  • Until 7/1:  Unspayed or unneutered domestic dog or cat:  $7.00 -  After 7/1:  $9.00
  • Until 7/1:  Each neutered or spayed dog or cat:  $5.00 -  After 7/1:  $7.00
  • Each domestic animal not otherwise specified:  $7.00
  • Seeing eye dogs or government police dogs:  No Charge
  • Senior Citizen Rate (65+)-  Until 7/1:  $4.00; After 7/1:  $6.00
  • Replacement Tag:  $3.00
  • Pound Fees:  1st day:  $25.00; Each additional day:  $10.00
  • Special Protection Constable Service-euthanasia:  $75.00 





ROAD TO RECOVERY - Cancer patients need your help to get to treatment.  The American Cancer Society needs volunteer drivers to help provide transportation for cancer patients in our community Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.  To find out how you can help, please call the American Cancer Society at 248.663.3485.

The Wayne County MEALS ON WHEELS Program for the homebound are always in need of drivers to deliver meals in Riverview.  Please call 734-281-4200 ext. 3356 between 9 a.m. and 12 p.m. if you are interested in volunteering.

ELECTRONIC AND HAZARDOUS WASTE COLLECTION:    The Land Preserve is again collecting electronic recyclables.  Click on the link for acceptable items.




CURBSIDE TRASH COLLECTOR:  Any person within the city limits who regularly collects discarded items from residence rubbish receptacles must be registered in the City Clerk's Office with submittal of the transport vehicle's license number.  There is no fee, but you must be registered and carry the license when collecting.

HANDBILL DISTRIBUTION requires a business license fee of $35.00, unless you are a community organization.  Community organizations (non-profits) are required to notify the City Clerk with a letter from their organization stating the dates and reason for their distribution and/or collection. 

DOOR-TO-DOOR SOLICITORS:  Vendors who solicit door-to-door in Riverview must obtain a license or permit to do so. Homeowners are urged to ask for picture identification and/or permit before talking with vendors.  In an effort to avoid the many scams (especially with the elderly), never permit a solicitor to enter your home.  If you are suspicious of any vendor, please contact the police department at 734-281-4222.  There is a $500 fine for soliciting or canvassing without procuring a license from the City Clerk.  There are solictors who wear a photo ID from their company which is not an acceptable substitution for a license.

 List of Licensed Solicitors as of 8/1/2013:

  1. Stanley Distributors
  2. WOW Cable
  3. Comcast Cable
  4. AT&T Cable
If notice is posted on private property as follows:  "NO SOLICITORS INVITED" (letters should be 2" in height), the solicitor must leave the premises immediately.  It is also unlawful to solicit between the hours of 9 PM and sunrise of any day.
  • Never allow young children to play with or ignite fireworks.
  • Avoid buying fireworks that are packaged in brown paper because this is often a sign that the fireworks were made for professional displays and that they could pose a danger to consumers.
  • Always have an adult supervise fireworks activities. Parents don't realize that young children suffer injuries from sparklers. Sparklers burn at temperatures of about 2,000 degrees - hot enough to melt some metals.
  • Never place any part of your body directly over a fireworks device when lighting the fuse. Back up to a safe distance immediately after lighting fireworks.
  • Never try to re-light or pick up fireworks that have not ignited fully.
  • Never point or throw fireworks at another person.
  • Keep a bucket of water or a garden hose handy in case of fire or other mishap.
  • Light fireworks one at a time, then move back quickly.
  • Never carry fireworks in a pocket or shoot them off in metal or glass containers.
  • After fireworks complete their burning, douse the spent device with plenty of water from a bucket or hose before discarding it to prevent a trash fire.
  • Make sure fireworks are legal in your area before buying or using them. 


It is your responsibility to remove and dispose of any excreta deposited by your pet in a sanitary manner whenever you are walking your dog. 

Obtain a license for any domestic animal over three months of age from Finance Department.  A current certificate of rabies is required for registration. 

  • Purchase 2014/15 Pet Licenses beginning June 2, 2014.
  • Limit your pets to no more than three
  • Restrain your pet on a leash no longer than eight feet in length