Riverview Fire Department
The Riverview Fire Department was established in 1923 as a Civil Defense Fire Force under Monguagon Township, Village of Riverview. The fire department was surrounded by Ecorse Township and at the time the response area included areas of what is now Brownstown Township.
The Village was home to a Nike Missile site to which the current fire station is located today.
The Riverview Fire Department was one of the first departments in the Downriver area to provide Advanced First Aid and Ambulance transports.
Over the years the department has progressed into a full service Fire Department, providing Fire, Advanced Life Support, Haz-Mat, and WMD protection.
Serving an area of 4.4 square miles the 2005 run volume exceeded over 1700 runs.
All personnel are trained and certified Firefighter II, Hazardous Materials Awareness and Operation level.
All personnel are trained Emergency Responders to Terrorism Events.
16 personnel have traveled to Texas A&M compliments of the Arkema Chemical Facility and hold certificates in Basic and Advanced Industrial Fire Brigade.
Fire Inspection Division
The department has one Fire Marshal that is responsible for plan reviews, fire inspections, fire investigations, and fire / life safety. Currently the the Fire Inspection Division utilizes the 2003 edition of the International Fire Code as the primary code enforcement as adopted, along with local City Ordinance.
Don Ginestet, Fire Chief
14100 Civic Park Drive Fire Department Riverview, Michigan 48193-7600
Phone: (734)281-4264 Fax: (734)281-1597
Deputy Fire Chief Mitch Jensen firstname.lastname@example.org