CITY HALL BUSINESS HOURS: 9 AM TO 5 PM MONDAY FRIDAY
PUBLIC WORKS BUSINESS HOURS: 8 AM TO 4 PM MONDAY - FRIDAY
LANDFILL BUSINESS HOURS: Click here for Business Hours
|Monday through Friday||Contract Customers:||6:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M.|
|Prepaid Customers / Residents:||7:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.|
|Saturday||Contract Customers:||7:00 A.M. to 11:30 A.M.|
|Prepaid Customers / Residents:||7:00 A.M. to 11:00 A.M.|
IMPORTANT PHONE NUMBERS
VOTING POLLING LOCATIONS
RIVERVIEW BUSINESS DIRECTORY AND IMPORTANT PHONE NUMBERS
SNOW EMERGENCY ORDINANCE - REMOVE YOUR VEHICLES OFF THE STREETS
SNOW SHOVELING STREET ORDINANCE
REGISTER TO VOTE
You may register at the Secretary of State Office when you change your address, or come into the City Clerk's Office to register, or use the online link above.
SECRETARY OF STATE MOBILE OFFICE IN RIVERVIEW ANNUALLY
The Secretary of State Mobile Office with be in the City Hall Parking Lot at two dates per year. Date will be posted upon confirmation from the Secretary of State's Office. Check Event Calendar on Home Page for the next date.
Pay your City Water and Tax Bills online.
IS YOUR PET LICENSED?
PET LICENSES FEE
2018/19 Pet Licenses are as follows:
YOU MAY REQUEST TO HAVE YOUR PET LICENSE ON THE CITY'S WEBSITE UNDER YOUR ADDRESS IN THE BS&A LOOKUP TO ASSIST IN HAVING LOST PETS RETURNED TO THEIR OWNERS.
- Until 7/14: Unspayed or unneutered domestic dog or cat: $7.00 - On 7/15: $9.00
- Until 7/14: Each neutered or spayed dog or cat: $5.00 - On 7/15: $7.00
- Each domestic animal not otherwise specified: $7.00
- Seeing eye dogs or government police dogs: No Charge
- Senior Citizen Rate (65+)- Until 7/14: $4.00; On 7/15: $6.00
- Replacement Tag: $3.00
- Pound Fees: 1st day: $25.00; Each additional day: $10.00
- Special Protection Constable Service-euthanasia: $75.00
PROTECT YOUR PETS AND NEIGHBORHOOD-CLEAN UP:
It is your responsibility to remove and dispose of any excreta deposited by your pet in a sanitary manner whenever you are walking your dog.
Obtain a license for any domestic animal over three months of age from Finance Department. A current certificate of rabies is required for registration.
- Purchase 2019/20 Pet Licenses beginning June 3, 2019.
- Limit your pets to no more than three
- Restrain your pet on a leash no longer than eight feet in length
TRASH PICKUP DAY FOR YOUR AREA
LANDFILL Please participate in our recycling drop off site.
YARD WASTE PICKUP
SPECIAL WASTE PICKUP
Call the Department of Public Works to pick up the following:
• Small amounts of material such as tree branches, concrete, stone, sod, sheds, gym sets or dirt can be handled by calling for a “special pick-up” service provided on the second and fourth Thursday of each month at no charge.
• Large amounts of debris such as re-roofing materials, remodeling debris and concrete can be disposed of with a 10-yard or 20-yard dumpster at a rental fee of $185.00 per dumpster for a three day period.
RUBBISH AND YARD WASTE PICK-UP
- Limit waste receptacles to no more than 50 pounds when full or no larger than 32 gallons.
- Portable waste receptacles must have handles.
- All rubbish must be in plastic bags before placed in receptacles, including ashes fromgrills, sawdust, insulation, drywall dust, etc.
- Do not put sand, soil, rocks, concrete, paints and solvents, gasoline or oil in waste receptacles.
- Place receptacles after 5 PM of the day before collection.
- Remove receptacles to within the confines of the property lines of the residence within 12 hours after collection.
- Larger 90 gallon receptacles are acceptable if they are provided by the City or by the City’s rubbish hauling contractor (313) 931-1200, or if they are the same type of containers as provided by the City.
- Yard waste collection runs from April 1 to December 1. All yard waste must be placed in one of the two listed containers: yard waste paper bags and 32 gallon or less containers with yard waste sticker attached (stickers are available in the Finance Department at the Municipal Building.)
- YARD waste placed in plastic bags will not be collected.
- Please remember that you CANNOT mix yard waste with your regular trash.
- Place yard waste at least 10 feet from your rubbish or on opposite sides of the driveway. A separate vehicle collects the yard waste and it must be identifiable by the yard waste vehicle driver.
HOME REPAIR AND RENOVATION
Pull appropriate Building and Engineering Permits when updating homes
RIVERVIEW CHARTER AND CODE OF ORDINANCES
Snow Emergency - Remove your vehicles from the road
Storage of Firewood
- Never allow young children to play with or ignite fireworks.
- Avoid buying fireworks that are packaged in brown paper because this is often a sign that the fireworks were made for professional displays and that they could pose a danger to consumers.
- Always have an adult supervise fireworks activities. Parents don't realize that young children suffer injuries from sparklers. Sparklers burn at temperatures of about 2,000 degrees - hot enough to melt some metals.
- Never place any part of your body directly over a fireworks device when lighting the fuse. Back up to a safe distance immediately after lighting fireworks.
- Never try to re-light or pick up fireworks that have not ignited fully.
- Never point or throw fireworks at another person.
- Keep a bucket of water or a garden hose handy in case of fire or other mishap.
- Light fireworks one at a time, then move back quickly.
- Never carry fireworks in a pocket or shoot them off in metal or glass containers.
- After fireworks complete their burning, douse the spent device with plenty of water from a bucket or hose before discarding it to prevent a trash fire.
- Make sure fireworks are legal in your area before buying or using them.