What changes will occur with the passing of Proposal 3 implementation:
- Qualified electors may vote absentee without stating a reason on their absentee voter application. There will also be a check box on the application placing them on a permanent absentee voter application mailing list for all future elections.
- Qualified electors may register to vote in person at a clerk's office, SOS branch office, by mail or online until the 15th day before the election.
- Qualified electors may only register to vote in-person in the local clerk's office from the 14th day before an election unti 8 p.m. on Election Day.
- The only person who can be issued an absentee ballot in the clerk's office on election Day is a qualified elector who is also registering to vote at the same time. If the qualifed elector proved identity and residency without presenting a state driver's license or state identification card, the ballot issued to the voter will be prepared as a challenge ballot.
- If a qualifed elector registers to vote at a Secretary of State branch office in the 14-day window before an election, the SOS must provide information to the person registering to vote that they need to register at the local clerk's office if they want to vote in the upcoming election.
- The last day the Clerk can send out an absentee ballot by first class mail is the Friday before the election by 5 p.m.
- The last day to issue an absentee ballot in person to a registered elector is the day before an election by 4 p.m.
- The clerk's office will be open to receive and issue an absentee ballot the Saturday before an election for 8 hours from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Voter Turnout by Age for Nov 6 2018 Election
Voter Turnout for Trenton Pct 1 for School District Nov 6 Election
Voter Registration Form Michigan
PRECINCT STREET INDEX
ELECTION POLL WORKERS NEEDED (Application)
Qualifed Registered Voters and Students from 16-18 years of age may work as an election inspector in a precinct if the criteria of 3 certified precinct inspectors, who are qualified registered voters of at least two political parties, are appointed to the precinct. Training sessions are mandatory for certification. If you would like to work in the three elections, please download the Election Inspector Application below or come in and talk to the City Clerk (Monday-Friday 9-5). Inspectors are paid as follows: $9.45 PER HR (6:15 AM UNTIL THE POLL IS CLOSED or (6:15 AM to 2:15 PM or 2:15 PM to Close of Poll) plus Hrly rate for 2 hr training. Computer knowledge is a plus, but not necessary. Chairs (11.60/hr and Co-Chairs 10.60/hr)
Attention College Students
Under a new State law, the address on your driver's license must match the address on your voter registration record. Any address change submitted on your driver's license will automatically carry over to your Voter Identification Card. This legislation particularly affects college students who often have their voter registration or driver's license changed to match their college address.
Students: please be aware that you can no longer use your college address on one (driver's license) if the other (voter registration) reflects your local residence; the addresses must match.
For more information or clarification, contact the City Clerk's Office at (734) 281-4239 or access the Secretary of State's Web site.
Absentee Voter Application (NO REASON APPLICATION - Any registered voter who would like to be added to our Permanent Absentee Ballot List to receive an Absentee Voter Application before each election, please call (734) 281-4240 or if you drop by city hall, just drop in and state that you want to be added to the AV List.
Absentee Voter Application List Request you can fill out the request and drop it off or mail it to the clerk's office or call.
Precinct Delegate Write in Intent Form
Spoiled Absentee Ballot Form If you lost, accidentally misplaced or never received your absentee ballot, fill out this form and return it or fax it or email it to the Clerk's office and we will send you a new ballot. If you are on the Permanent Absentee Ballot Mailing List and you have not received your ballot within three weeks prior to the election, please contact the clerk's office at 734-281-4240 so that we may insure that you receive your ballot.
Surrender Absentee Ballot Form If you have received your Absentee Ballot and then changed your mind and decide to vote at the polling place, fill out this form and download it and bring it to your precinct along with your ballot to surrender it. If on election day, you find that you received a ballot but misplaced it, fill out the form and bring it to your precinct. The poll worker will confirm with the clerk's office that it was not returned before proceeding to issue you a ballot at the precinct.
Withdrawal of Candidacy Form