Larceny From Vehicle Prevention Tips
- Park in a well lit area that is visible to passerby when able.
- Close all windows and lock ALL doors
- Activate any theft deterrent device you may have installed on your vehicle
- Do not leave ANY valuables in your vehicle. CD's/players, GPS systems (and docks), wallets/purse, cash and other expensive items invite thieves into your vehicle
- Carry your registration in your wallet/purse. Theives sometimes use this information to find out your address and break into your home on a later date
- Do not leave garage door openers inside your vehicle!!! It can give thieves easy access to your home (see bullet above)
Follow these tips and you will be less likely to be victimized by thieves!
Riverview P.D. Crime Prevention