Dates, times and locations of the events are posted on the Land Resource Management website.
Only household generated products from Wayne County residents will be accepted.
Items that are accepted include:
- household paints, stains, dyes
- floor care items, furniture polish, bathroom cleaners
- lawn and garden chemicals, pesticides, fertilizers
- antifreeze, motor oil, gasoline
- automotive batteries, dry cell batteries, propane tanks
- old computers, printers, scanners, TV’s, cell phones, fax machines
- mercury containing thermometers* and other devices
- fluorescent light bulbs (standard and compact)
Items that are not accepted include:
- commercial waste, industrial waste
- ammunition, explosives
- 55-gallon drums
- smoke detectors, radioactive materials
- unknown, unlabeled waste
- shock sensitive materials
- fire extinguishers
- household trash
For a list of facilities that accept HHW year-round and for information on non-toxic alternatives, refer to the
Residents are encouraged to bring in mercury fever thermometers for disposal. Mercury is a toxic substance and can cause serious health effects if released into a home or the environment. For more information, please contact Wayne County’s Resource Recovery Coordinator at 734-326-3936.